DIY: Homemade Honey-Based Ketchup
6 oz can tomato paste
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup water
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp garlic powder
Combine all the ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat; whisk until smooth.
When it comes to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring often.
Remove from heat and cover until cool. Chill and store refrigerated in a covered container.
Turkey Sliders with Zucchini Buns
These are seriously the cutest little healthy sliders that I have ever eaten! They’re fast to make and low in calories. They can work as appetizers or even main entrees, depending on how many you can resist. You can also play with the seasonings for the turkey to cater towards your own taste preferences :) I’ll definitely be making these again.
- 1/2 pound ground turkey, chicken or beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp diced onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Dash of cayenne (optional)
- 1 large zucchini
- Olive oil
- Any other seasonings (optional)
- Combine the ground meat, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, paprika, and optional cayenne
- Slice the zucchini into quarter inch thick circles
- Drizzle olive oil over the zucchini and place them on a grill to get some grill marks on them. A regular frying pan can work as well
- Form patties the same diameter as the zucchini slices
- Turn the frying pan to medium heat and fry the patties until cooked thoroughly
- You can add additional toppings to your sliders, including tomatoes, avocado, mushrooms, onions, mustard, etc
om nom nom